Designer- Mary Katrantzou

March 21, 2012

WAO! WAO!  this is all I can say.  I had never heard of this designer before and I'm in love now.  I love her structure and her graphic prints.  They are beyond amazing.  Mary is originally from Greece and studied at the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD).  She won the emerging talent- Ready-to-Wear award at the British Fashion Awards in 2011.  The prints are bold and powerful.  Some have pearls and diamonds others pencils (below).  The ones above are my favorite and all the ones I would actually wear (especially the last ensemble with the white t-shirt. So me!)

These next few shots of her collection are AMAZING as well but they do more to advance fashion, in my opinion, than represent pieces people would wear (or at least, that I would wear).  But the structure in these and the graphics again are very impressive.

I love the chiffon dress and the movement it creates.  

I spy a typewriter and some pencils!  You?  

Sources: First set of photos from Moda O'perandi here. Second set of photos from Style.com here.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Iamcarito@gmail.comMarch 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM

    This is beyond imagination! I'm her new fan!! Thanks for showing us such a great designer!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe