Impractical Styling- Books by color

July 11, 2012

My husband is big into books.  They are his most prized possessions.  What do you want for your birthday? a book, what do you want for Christmas? a book, for father's day? a book. You get the gist. He has his own Amazon wish list filled with pages and pages of the books he wants. Books are very important around here.  He spends a lot of time organizing and reorganizing them.  He divides them by category, then by author.  So whenever I see this rainbow trend of bookcase styling- I go crazy.  

I don't get it.  How would you go about finding what you want?  I don't think anyone would remember the color of the spine.....So... impractical styling, yes?  pretty? I don't even think so.  

Don't buy books just to decorate! Buy books with a purpose- read them!! agree?

images (1, 2, 3)

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I think the same, but in a par. I mean I think that is not practical at all, but on the oher hand it looks so nice to me! anyway, I prefer to have them organizes by category.
    kisses from Barcelona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day someone was telling a story about visiting an LA mansion where there was not even one single book. Books are a necessity. So i think they do become part of overall decoration. This is probably over the top, but it still looks cool!

    www.azrakunworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked in a book store, and by the time I left (only a year) I could visually remember some books by their spines. Maybe it's just be, but I think I could navigate this well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you very much for the n.p.
    How was your travel?
    I' ll continue reading your blog!! Very interesting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is well!! Tired and still off balance with the time difference. I love my necklace!! xx

      Delete
  5. I admit, I have organized my books this way ;) Now they're a little bit organized by color but more so just artfully displayed. Is it weird that I think part of the fun is looking for the book I want? I have only about 50 displayed, however, I think that makes a difference!

    Love your blog - I discovered it through The Aestate (and I loved your post there). Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that perspective. I never thought of that- having fun while looking for the book you want. That is why I love when people leave comments because I can get a different perspective. awesome! thanks Amberly

      Delete
  6. Hmmm. So agree that books should be bought for reading not decorating. But I can see some purposeful color coordination happening if say you organize books by genre and then wrap the jacket covers in a specific color, that way you'll know all your self help books are in blue, and your anger management books are in red.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe