The Design Daredevil on TV!

June 10, 2013



Happy Monday!!  I hope all your weekends were fun and perfect.  We had a sick little girl to take care which completely changed our weekend plans but it's ok since sick baby girl is almost always equal to cuddling with said baby girl 24/7.  But it was an exciting Sunday evening because it was the premier of Season 8 of HGTV Star.  And you know what makes it so exciting?  Jesse from The Design Daredevil is a contestant.  I have been following her blog for a while (it was introduced to me by Jessica from The Aestate) and love that I now get to know Jesse's personality through the show.  This girl is cool- aside from having fabulous taste, and the best curls and nails in town, she is the sweetest!  And so brave, obviously! It takes some courage to be in a reality TV show for sure, but the rewards are big.  Help me root for her will ya?



Dark and moody! Perfect.  With this apartment this guy is not staying a bachelor for too long. My favorite part are those wooden bookshelves with painted grey backing!  What's yours? You can tell Jesse is awesome through these photos right? Go check out her blog and show her some love.

[all images via the Design Daredevil]

You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. so beautiful - love all the art in the space. The big canvas with the man in top hat is my fav - heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie is the shit! Cannot wait to watch. I taped :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I will have to check out her blog. Hope your daughter is feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this home and the bold and clever! Forgot to watch it, so thanks so much for the reminder!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo! I'll have to go and check her blog out! love design star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even realize it started. I need to get on this one. Love the wood with the pop of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her picks and blog!!! I have been following her as well!

    Laura

    www.lauradrodesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg awesome! i have it DVR'ed cant wait to watch now!!! this room is SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect for a guy, love it! My favorite is the bookcase too! Hope little A is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Albertina thank you SO MUCH for the shout out!!! Reality TV is making my brain fuzzy! XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm rooting for her too!! She's hilarious and I love her style!!! Fingers crossed she goes really far!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i missed it! i was watching Food Network star :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww I hope your baby girl feels better. But snuggles ARE the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh awesome designs. i dvr'ed the show but will be watching this season - excited!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shoot!!! I must find a re-run or get this on demand!! So excited for Jessie!!! She's so talented. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a well-styled apartment....I'd totally want to hang out it in! Love the art of the man with a hat and the ceramic mustard-colored tortoise shell.

    xx, Bubbly in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will def check her out! thanks for sharing and hope baby girl is much better!

    XO, Stefanie
    Life on the Squares

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loooove miss Jesse! I missed the episode and can't wait to get caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jessie is the bomb. so excited to watch her own it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I TV'OD....can't wait to watch tonight!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I TV'OD....can't wait to watch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will totally check her out and thank you for the intro!
    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those shelves too and the tortoise shell is equally beautiful in yellow color!
    I'm going on Jesse's blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope your girl is feeling better! LOVE this place you've featured!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope my DVR recorded it! I've had it set to record that show for a couple of years now. I'm looking forward to seeing Jessie. Her nickname is fun! I'm so sorry your daughter was sick this weekend! When my daughter is sick, she wants to cuddle all of the time. I'm not actually glad for her to be sick, but I do enjoy that benefit : ) I hope Miss A is feeling much, much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope little A is feeling better. I really like Jesse's style!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope the ill one is feeling better. Didn't know of this daredevil. Loves. I have such mixed feeling about that show. Will have to watch - but maybe after the NBA finals!

    ReplyDelete
  28. SO exciting!! Congratulations to her! This is amazing!

    XO Lily

    ReplyDelete
  29. Shes awesome! Cant wait to see the show, I forgot to record it!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe