On My Mind || Porch Decor, Soccer and other Summery Things

June 18, 2014



We are in total summer mode, which means long days at the pool, bike rides, applying and reapplying sunscreen, plentiful popsicles on hand, and crazy, frizzy hair and that blog posting will be spotty until school gets back in session.  I'm thinking two or three times per week, or maybe more if inspiration strikes. Let's see how that works out.  Lately, I have been obsessed about our porch.  It needs major work as I sold all our old outdoor furniture because it was too big for our current space.  I'm thinking I need an outdoor rug (here are some fabulous options). Have you ever used an outdoor rug?  Are they difficult to upkeep? Also, I'm totally obsessed with these Mara Hoffman x Anthropologiehttp://rstyle.me/n/jjbtwmnhw outdoor cushions.
 
Who is a big soccer fan?  I used to play in high school and just love watching the World Cup. It's such a graceful sport in my opinion.  When the passing between teammates works well it is a beautiful thing to behold.  Anyone going to Brazil?  And I just had to share these Loeffler Randall espadrilles on super sale fro $79!!  What?! Get them fast here.  Summer isn't summer without some fun accessories like these bracelets.  And really, I think I need flamingo sunglasses like this very chic pineapple while I lay by the pool.  Or at least this fun pineapple bikini.


You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Oh I am obsessing about our porch too. It could be our best space but needs some serious TLC. We have an outdoor rug that finally needs replacing, but I love it. Nice to have a soft touch on bare feet. Pull the trigger!
    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge soccer fan but do follow along since my kiddos both play and I have to root for my country, Germany ;)
    Love that diamond rug. Had it in my pretend cart so many times already

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute board - and I love that outdoor space!
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just used the indoor/outdoor Jack rug from Bunny Williams line for Dash & Albert for a client project, and it's absolutely stunning in person - doesn't have that plasticy feel like so many indoor/outdoor rugs do! And I'm a huge soccer fan! We just had a TV installed out by the pool, and the highlight of my night is catching up on the games after work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just used the indoor/outdoor Jack rug from Bunny Williams line for Dash & Albert for a client project, and it's absolutely stunning in person - doesn't have that plasticy feel like so many indoor/outdoor rugs do! And I'm a huge soccer fan! We just had a TV installed out by the pool, and the highlight of my night is catching up on the games after work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Mara Hoffman pillows are fantastic, those prints! I hope you are enjoying summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great outdoor pillows. I love how everything slows down in the summer. More time outside instead of blogging is in my future too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to play soccer a long time ago and loved it! I've been watching a little of the World Cup. Love that first photo you posted, that looks like a dream.


    Xo,L
    simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a nice patio, can't wait to see what you end up doing in there with your fabulous style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. we are glued to the world cup series :) great board!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been watching the World Cup non stop! Spain, boohoo.
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The name of the post is awesome, and literally exactly what I'm thinking about. I'm helping design a screened in porch at a beach house right now, and am loving the world cup. Wish it came more often than every 4 years.

    Corbin
    Decor-Eat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything from the Mara Hoffman collection - the chair especially, I wish I had somewhere to put it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving the outdoor rug. Can't wait to see what you do, you are so talented...

    ReplyDelete
  15. My friend Brian designed the top porch with the purple lanterns, he is so fab!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe