Exercise Clothing Scoop || Crane and Lion

August 31, 2016


Exercise clothes are getting cuter and chicer not to mention the quality is getting better and better.  A month or so before my hiking trip to California I luckily came across a new Boston based exercise clothing brand called Crane and Lion. I fell in love with the purple leggings you see above with that adorable aqua trim in the back (they come in other different color combinations as well).  Fun and stylish? Yes, please! And so perfect for my upcoming trip.

I am loving my new exercise clothes so much that I wanted to share this fabulous find with you.  After all, exercise clothing is not something I get easily excited about. Crane and Lion offers functional designs for optimal movement, comfort and support. I hiked for hours on end with their pieces, then ran off to circuit training classes and even did yoga.  Versatility is the word that comes to mind. I was also happy to even wear them in the evenings for dinner as they were so chic. They merge fitness with fashion so wonderfully. 


The path to a good workout regime is not easy.  But if you have cuter workout gear...it helps to get motivated. 

I loved learning the meaning behind the name Crane and Lion "The Crane & the Lion are two poses in yoga. The crane is a pose that requires strength and stamina. It inspires us to take risks and find our edge. The lion is a breathing exercise that helps us relax and relieve tension and strain. The juxtaposition of the two poses reflects how we live our lives: some days want to push the limit and other days, we need to recover."  It's all about the Yin and Yang.
 

I know the double sock and hiking boots kind of ruin the pretty look but they are essential for an almost guaranteed no blisters workout. And let's not forget the HikeGoo (best cream ever!) 
 

Perspective.  Many times it is not easy to come by.  So glad my exercise clothes help me get where I want to go.


This is now my favorite sports bra.


Perseverance. Endurance. These words are hard to practice. Buckle down and keep going.

 
If you know me....you know I wore my BuDhaGirl All Weather Bangles throughout most of the hikes. Oh and this was the first time I used a Camelbak packback.  So fun to drink water so effortlessly.  I felt really cool I have to say.


I love this tall and slim shadow.  I felt like I was in Africa in this rich golden toned landscape.
 

This navy blue top is also a favorite.


And the view is a sweet prize indeed.

 I have to say that I have a new found love for hiking and I can't wait to do it again.  I will be on the lookout for another trip to the mountains.  I found hiking a wonderfully meditative and contemplative and thought it was a fun and deliberate workout.  If you are curious about Crane and Lion visit them here.

[Outfit photos by Megan Weaver, other photos are iPhone by AC]







You Might Also Like

0 comments

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe