Mark Ryden

February 06, 2012

California Brown Bear
A couple of years ago, at the Nasher Sculpture Center book store, I came across a book featuring an incredible a collection of art by Mark Ryden.
Every few months I look through it. 
His art takes me through a range of emotions simultaneously. I am drawn to their beauty, disturbed by their eerie quality, and fascinated by the subjects. This guy has some really odd things going through his head.

Look at the work on this frame.
The Tree of Life

Lady Gaga wasn't so original after all. 
Incarnation

Who came first; Christina Ricci, or the muses that he paints? Many of them are named for celebrities.
The Creatrix

I want one! ... or do I?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm with you. They're creepy but beautiful and I can't look away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these so much! I want that frame. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe