DIY Animal Jars

March 23, 2012

I know gold animals as accessories are all over the place, like this cute piggy bank from Calypso Home (cute addition to your bookcase, here).
So the fever of painting everything gold inspired me to make this DIY.  These jars with the little plastic animals are cute on a kid's desk to organize their small treasures they like to collect. Plus they look sophisticated at the same time.  You can also use these jars as birthday party favors and fill it with candy or little treasures.  I have given them as gifts for little girls filled with beads and string so they can make necklaces. I was inspired by this DIY  here but thought the gold would make it a little more stylish.

They are easy to make.  You need: glass jars, a glue gun, spray primer, gold spray paint, and the small little plastic animals (I love these).  First you glue the animal to the top of the jar.  Then you prime it. Let dry. And then spray paint. Let dry and you are done!  

Everyone I have given these two love them! Try it!  Let me know how it goes.

Happy Friday everyone.  I get back on Sunday....with lots of photos I hope to share with you.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Beautiful blog....just found you and following....love the posts of inspiration, and love gold touches too....looking forward to seeing more!

    June 1989 Jewelry Grand Opening!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe