A different Hotel

July 04, 2012

My friend mentioned she is planning a little getaway to Amsterdam this summer with her husband.  So as we were looking for cute, chic hotels for them this one came up, Hotel The Exchange.  The hotel turned to eight students and recent graduates of the Amsterdam Fashion Insitute (AMFI) to outfit the rooms as models.  The result- some crazy and very avant-garde rooms.  

The room with all the sleeves on the wall was based on the story 'The Emperor's New Clothes'.  Interesting....but how do you know what room you are going to get?  Will it have confortable seating? good lighting? dark drapes?  It is a little too adventurous for me, but that doesn't stop me from admiring its bold and unique design.

Would you stay at a hotel like this?

Happy Fourth of July! I hope its a happy, safe and patriotic one for all of you.

Images via Tredland

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I don't think I'd want to sleep there, but the pics are cool to look at. Have you seen the
    Maison Moschino Hotel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i would! They are very different from your run of the mill chain hotel.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe