Swan Birthday Theme

August 18, 2014



It's Little Miss A's birthday today! And boy has she have we been planning and dreaming of this day for months.  Gosh, it is so sweet to see such excitement over a birthday. The celebration really began this past week.  Little Miss A is practically an expert at blowing out candles as we have been telling the last few restaurants we have been to that it was her birthday. So, of course all desserts came with a candle!  Even though her party isn't today I want to share with you a little about her theme and decor.  Originally, I wanted to plan for a Hollywood Regency theme. But how do you explain this theme to a 6 year old?  So, I translated the theme to a SWAN party!  I approached my sweet friend Andrea from The Glam Pad, to help me identify the items that would make this party sparkle.  She was so sweet and sent me a list of fabulous ideas. Like for example, gathering inspiration from this Lilly Pulitzer luncheon she suggested I could turn these Lilly Pulitzer shower curtains into tablecloths.  I mean, she is brilliant!


The swan float is the main attraction. It has been living in our pool all summer already and I have to tell you it is such a big hit with the kids. I think it has to do with its huge size.  Also, we already have the swan pinata which is just stunning and I think we all might cry when she brakes.  

I found most of my party supplies at my favorite party supply store Via Blossom.  The gold and white plates are my favorite.  I had to include some flamingos straws to add that pop of pink in the tablescape.  And they will just look so cute in the mason jars filled with pink lemonade.

I hope to share photos of the party next week. So, stay tuned.  Have a wonderful Monday.




You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. it sounds like it will be an absolutely brilliant party albertina...that floatie is just so fun. a very, very happy birthday to your dear miss A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que bonita temática para adornar una fiesta de cumpleaños Albertina !! Los flamencos son realmente hermosos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feliz cumpleaños para la bella Albertina! Can't wait to work on her cake!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful theme for a birthday party! I am hoping to do a little Hollywood Regency in my daughter, B's new big girl room! Cannot wait to see how the party turns out! Happy birthday Little Miss A!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Can't wait to see the pictures! Have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh this all sounds adorable! I love 'the swan' theme! and the idea about the shower curtains as table cloths..brilliant!
    Hope the party goes well!
    xo Nan
    Simply Elegant Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Albertina!!! Everything looks absolutely GORGEOUS!! And thank you so much for the shout out! You are too kind. :) I cannot wait for the party... I so wish we were in town. Please take tons and tons of pictures! Happy Birthday sweet Miss A!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous plan for Miss A's party!! I can't see how it all comes together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH i bet it was fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You two are the perfect party planners. I would love to float on that swan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your gorgeous princess!! I am counting the days for the Party Pics!!!! What a glamorous Theme!! It will be spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just finally catching up after my holiday. What an original theme and so many pretty ideas. I love the jars with pink lemonade and of course those cute straws!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO adorable! Hope she had a lovely birthday :)

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope Ms. A had the best birthday!! Love the theme mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love this party!!! Anything that you and Andrea cook up is likely to be quite fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe