Blue and White Chinoiserie Inspired Party

May 24, 2016


Recently it was our daughter's first communion and we organized a small and very simple party to commemorate the special occasion.  Blue and white jars topped with pink flowers was the theme running throughout.  Let me show you what I put together.



We were all in love with the blue and white cake created by the super talented Paola of Unique Cakes by Paola (follow her on instagram to see her weekly creations. They are so fun you will love following her!) I love that her cakes have become synonymous with celebrations and happy occasions for us.  She always works so hard to make my vision become a reality, and in the end, she always exceeds my expectations.  If you are in Dallas you need to know about her. And here it is- Voila! my ginger jar inspired cake topped with fresh peonies!


These fabulous chinoiserie inspired cookies were created by Reggie from HighlandParkPie Lady.  She is so creative! I love working with her because she always finds away to bring my ideas to life (and some have been a little wild!)  She created a ginger jar mold just for me to be filled with beautiful pink flowers on top! Brilliant!  These cookies are not only beautiful, they are also delicious!  If you live in Dallas I highly recommend you contact Reggie for your next event.


The custom embroidered cocktail napkins by Hibiscus Linens were another highlight!  All the guests loved these so much and inquired about them.  I shared my inspiration for the party with Mariana, the owner, and she immediately understood what I wanted.  Now, they are the perfect heirloom and keepsake for my daughter when she grows older. and by which she can remember this special occasion.  I loved that Mariana designed each cocktail napkin to be unique as each one has a different blue and white jar!


A few other blue and white details-


It was sweet that Little Miss A wore the same dress I wore for my first communion. It was a very special occasion we were glad to share with friends.

Get the Look-



[All the pretty photos are by Megan Weaver 1-5, 7-9, 12 and 15, so mine are the rest!]

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Congratulations on your little Miss' First communion! I love the theme you chose, so perfect since blue is Mother Mary's color too! You just gave me a fab idea for Sophia's future party! The details are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking!!! In love with every single detail! The Cake By Unique Cakes by Paola is just stunning!! I am swooning over the Chinoiserie cookies!!! How unique and Gorgeous! and little AM wearing your dress....just precious!! What a beautiful occasion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Miss A on her first communion - her bows in her hair and on her dress made me smile, as did the fact that she wore your dress! Your party decorations were all perfect...and that cake...to..die..for!! Have a great week, Albertina! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe