Edible Flowers

July 14, 2014



Ever since I saw this cake I had been wanting to add edible flowers to glam up one of my baked creations. But it took me a while to find a place that sold them in a package and were ready to use.   Until finally I saw these beautiful edible violas.  My daughter and I made the Miette Tomboy cake we tried out here with a few changes to the frosting so it would match the violas.  We made a yummy and exotic lavender butter-cream which was divine.  Now I want to use edible flowers on everything!  They really stole the show at our little luncheon.  Here are some other fun things you could do with these beautiful edible flowers.

 
 


In ice cubes, in drinks, atop cupcakes....the possibilities are endless and oh so beautiful!  I can't think of a better way to embellish your menu, can you?

[ first image by AC all others via Terrain]


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I have a book that is just this called Baking with Flowers, you should check it out! I used them before, the violas on a mango tart, so good. They taste like bubblegum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried that before but I sure love how it looks in all the photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty way to "dress up" food! I love the idea of flowers in ice cubes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family has always used these for cakes and salads on Martha's Vineyard -- so lovely for summer night soirees!

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them in the ice cubes! Such a cute detail.
    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe