Christmas Tour || Blogger Stylin' Home Tours

November 30, 2015




I'm so happy our Christmas tree is up and decorated and our usual Christmas decor is all in place.  This is such an exciting time of the year. Especially with little ones that help you see everything with such glee and excitement.  Lindsay from the White Buffalo Styling Company has arranged a full week of home tours from interior design bloggers around the web showcasing their Christmas decor- and she very graciously invited me to share my holiday home.  If you are coming from Kristin's Bliss at Home, Welcome!! I already saw some some peeks of her tree and her living room.  So beautiful and what a treat to see!! I am happy you are here and am glad to show you around.  Let's start with the front entry (photo above)-

 

I inherited this Santa collection from my mom.  They are all handmade (carved and painted) by a good old family friend who was such an amazing crafter.  I love taking these special Santas out every year. They are included in so many childhood memories.


This beautiful lady is my grandmother. Stunning right?  I feel very blessed to have her amazing portrait in our home.  I think of her so often and constantly find myself sharing little anecdotes about her to my daughter so her memory can live in her as well.  This beautiful portrait had been living in my uncle's home and he recently passed it down to me.  I know how difficult it must have been for him to let go of it, but he knows it is in good hands and in my very appreciated heart.  She looks amazing in our entry. It's as if the post was waiting for her. Beneath is a vintage church bench from the colonial times.  I love the contrast of the rustic bench with the elegant portrait above flanked by the french antique sconces.


These Santas all have their unique personalities.  I would love to find a good craft fair to keep growing my collection.  I need to look in Etsy to see what I find.


For our Christmas tree, I'm pretty traditional.  Most of the ornaments have been passed down through the years. Although I do get a few new ones each year.  Some ornaments may be 40 years old.   We always have gold ribbons on our tree.  It's kind of a family staple. 

We have no gifts under the tree yet!  I thought about wrapping up empty boxes with fabulous bows so it would look really interesting under there but decided not to get carried away and show you something that was not true.  The fact is I have not purchased one single gift yet!  I'm the worst when it comes to Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals....I don't like feeling pressured to commit. 


I like having a huge and beautiful bow at the top but my daughter was adamant about putting this little angel up there.  Her need for the angel is more important and meaningful than the bow, so there it is.


I love that so many of the ornaments in our tree tell a story.  That cute little papier mache girl was done by the same lady who did our Santas.  My daughter loves playing with her.


I usually keep to our same Christmas decorations year after year, but sometimes I will find something new that I must incorporate.  And this year it was those modern, white and gold Nate Berkus Christmas trees trio.  I love them so much I wish I could leave them out all year! Unfortunately, they are not online so I could share them with you. But be on the look out next time you go to target.


I switched a painting here for a new one I had made for Little Miss A. I really love it.  I added some ornaments to my gold clam shell for color.


Thank you so much for visiting!!  Next up in today's line-up is Swoon Worthy's home.  Kimberly has great style and I can't wait to see what she has done for the holidays. Visit her blog here.  Also, the rest of the tours for today are the following (I will come back later with more details for the tours the rest of the week)






[all photos by AC] 


You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. such a lovely home and i love how your art plays into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love that you included the Angel on the tree and the Santas! You're right! It does mean so much more! And that portrait is absolutely stunning! How blessed you are to have that in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the traditional touches for the holidays in your gorgeous modern home. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and I love how you've incorporated so many meaningful traditions into your decor. The painting of your grandmother is just amazing, I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your style!!! It's all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love that picture of your grandmother...what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks perfect as always! I love your Santa collection and your tree is just perfect! No matter what theme or style i do for the holidays, I always include my sentimental ornaments in our tree, always a place for sentimentality in our home too esp. around the holidays! I'm sharing my home tour too on Dec.2nd, along with other bloggers in the 12 days of Christmas Blogger Tour, hope you can stop by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those special items handed down from family is what home decorating is all about. My grandpa had so many cool treasures that I'm not lucky enough to have a few in my home. Lovely space!

    amandakatherine.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That portrait of your grandmother is amazing!!! What an awesome heirloom to have! I love the furs under your tree as well. And you are not alone in the gift department. Haven't started either!

    Whitney
    whitneydonae.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that portrait of your grandmother (and good for you for putting the angel on the tree - dare I say your grandmother would approve?!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!!!! What a stunning portrait of your grandmother. Obviously, she was a beautiful lady with loads of style….which you have inherited! :) I love your collection of Santas and the gold bows on your tree. We got our tree this weekend, but I haven't felt even gotten the lights on yet. That will be this week's project. Enjoy the holidays and being so ahead of the game!

    xx e

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your grandmother's portrait is just lovely! And absolutely perfect with your Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your grandmother's portrait is stunning! I love how you incorporate your art into your Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in ahh of your grandmothers painting its so beautiful and I'm sure you uncle knows is a cherished addition in your home. Love your ornaments and each one has a story to tell! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You combination of accessories and styles is truly wonderful! And the color!? I can't get enough. Just beautiful. :)

    xo Michael

    ReplyDelete
  16. Albertina your home is so beautiful, warm and real. Your grandmother's portrait is so lovely, and all your family ornaments and personal touches. Thanks for sharing your tour, it is so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your grandmother IS stunning! I'm in love with your beautiful art collection and holiday decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That portrait! You have the best art. :) I love that you have traditional and modern hits!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the vignette with your gallery wall. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely style! Beautiful art pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful!! I love your home, Albertina, and all of the special touches you have incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh man! So many things here that I love!! Those furs under the tree, the giant shell bowl full of shiny ornaments! It's all awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you drink mimosas and then decorate?

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful tree! I love your Christmas decor is a mix of traditional and contemporary, inherited pieces and new finds.

    - Anna (Anna E. Lee - Interior Design)

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe