ORC || Daughter's Room (Week 5)

May 05, 2016


My fabulous chandelier arrived today!  I had been patiently waiting for this beauty and she did not disappoint.  This fabulous Jardena Lantern is by the super talented Coleen Rider.  With all the beauties in her website it was very difficult to choose what would look best in my daughter's room.  Of course Little Miss A helped and we chose this style together.  Coleen was wonderful to work with every step of the way.  We even chose a custom color to make sure it would work well with the room.  I can't tell you how excited I am to see this baby hanging.


It's Thursday again and so I get to fill you in on the progress I have made in my daughter's room for the One Room Challenge Guest Participants.  The One Room Challenge was started by Linda from Calling it Home some years ago where she lines up twenty very talented professional bloggers and designers to redo a room in just six weeks.  They share their progress every Wednesday (see my past projects here and here).  And the Guest Participants (anyone can join!) report their progress on Thursdays.  If you are just tuning in for the first time you can see week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4.  This week 5 has been slower and a little nerve wracking.  Many things need to happen between today and next Thursday for me to be on time for the big reveal!

I had some trouble with the trim on the tableskirt.  I knew I wanted a white skirt with green trim but was unsure of what design to use.  I was inspired by a photo i saw on Instagram. This one here by Emily J MaCarthy.


This is why I love Instagram....there is always some good inspiration everywhere if you know how to look at things right....so from that little corner I made this pattern for the seamstress.
Fingers crossed my measurements work and that my math was right!  This was a hard one!  The electrician should be coming today and everything should be finalized by Monday or Tuesday to get ready for the reveal photos.  I can't even believe we are in the home stretch.  Where did 6 weeks go?


Now visit the other participants....should be fun to see what everyone is up to! 




You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. That Lantern will be perfect!!!!! Love the color, its gonna look smashing in the room! And that trim, would be the perfect detail for sure, good luck and hope you have a wonderful Mother's day! CHEERS, we're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. If it had been gifted I would have stated it as I'm required to do.

      Delete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe