Faux Malachite DIY

August 03, 2012




I'm inspired by Jessica from The Aestate constantly.  I'm in awe of her and her many talents.  She has fantastic taste, unique ideas, she is laugh-out loud funny, and is an amazing artist.  Ever since she did her Faux Malachite DIY I have meaning to try it.  Finally, I had the time to gather all my supplies, enlisted by almost five year old to help and voila!
It was so much fun. I'm so happy with the end result.  You need some faux malachite in your life I promise- go make it here.

Oh and that cute clutch in the first and second photos is from Target.  You know you want it- get it here (its less than $20).  You won't regret it.
Don't you love cheap thrills! 

I worked on another DIY today but will leave that one for next week. That was so much fun too.  Can't wait to share.

Happy Weekend! xx

(All photos by Albertina Cisneros for Mimosa Lane)

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. oh! nice DIY! and yes, I looooove to find cheap thrills, too...
    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH EM GEE!!! Dude you killed it. Those looks amazing!! Love the styling too. Did you get your boxes at Hobby Lobby too?

    And I am immediately clicking over to Target to buy that clutch...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inspiring me!! I'm so happy with the boxes...my daughter now wants a pair of boxes for her treasure in pink...faux malachite in pink?! hmmmmm

      Delete
  3. You did such a great job! I love the styling you did here, and that CLUTCH. Its so quirky and amazing. Target wins again, does it ever lose? Can't wait for targets to come to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not in Canada? I had no idea...so sorry you are missing out. Thanks for the compliments :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing! Malachite is iso beautiful and this looks look an easy affordable way to have some ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when she posted about this DIY, it turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cheap things...I mean affordable. You had your five year old help? Wow, you're a good mom. The line around my house is "I work alone".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so not crafty... Give me a skillet any time but thins with paint are definitely not my forte! Looks really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog! I am your newest follower, can't wait to scroll through your archives :)

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley
    SideSmile Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am such a fan of Jessica! She is hilarious and so talented! And your DIY project turned out soooo great- beautiful pictures too!

    Awesome clutch - go Target! I swear that store has some of the best fashion items.

    Hope you've had a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try it.
    Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful!Thanks for sharing!

    xo
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just spotted your great blog over at Little Green Notebook and noticed that you have one of our little leaf-covered pots with faux pink roses, an original piece we designed for Bergdorf Goodman over 15 years ago! Love the styling of your images and look forward reading more!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe