An architect's home

December 03, 2012


The home of a talented friend of mine, Paloma Cañizares, came out in a recent Spain edition of Architectural Digest.  I visited this beautiful home two years ago and fell instantly in love with it.  Not only is it located in one of the best parts of Madrid but the bones of the apartment are magnificent.  Paloma's highly trained aesthetic created this perfectly curated space where she is the artist in many instances (she painted the large painting behind the sofa in the living room, as well as the walls in the dining room and master bedroom).  She also has furniture and home accessories of her own design throughout.  She and her husband love scouring flea markets (they frequent the ones in Paris particularly) to find interesting pieces. Let's tour shall we.







She should think about designing wallpaper right? What a beautifully edited and lovely space.  What do you think?

Happy Monday!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I have a great giveaway planned for tomorrow so stay tuned.

[all images via www.palomacanizares.com]

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Wow beautiful Albertina! I love the forest wallpaper in her dining room, and yes she should consider designing! I would love to step foot in their home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This house is incredible. I love whimsy and fun, but the editing is sometimes hard for me. I think this is an incredible fusion and it makes me so happy. About to pin all of these for future reference. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those walls are fantastic. I love how crisp and clean it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, stunning! The walls are beautiful.

    Xo-L

    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely details - I love the black table and chairs - great room.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! That dining room is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous... the whole house feels like a piece of art.

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! I am in love with this space, especially the art behind the couch that the homeowner created! What a talent! Thx for sharing and I'll stay tuned for the giveaway! Hooray!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love this entire home! Especially that massive painting above the couch!I bet it was even better in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh the piece behind the couch is so cool! I lover her eclectic style! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular! How lucky that you got to visit this home in real life! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow - what a great space! And I'm so glad to have found your blog!
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I just pinned every image on here. Absolutely stunning! She is so creative. And I love that she gets a lot of her stuff from the flea market.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that huge piece of art above the sofa!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so right tha she should design wallpaper!

    This house is so interesting on so many levels. Thanks for sharing :)

    X. Holly.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe