Grey Matter

January 03, 2013



Not sure what it is but my husband and I are obsessed with grey as of late. Ever since I showed him this photo he wants his library lacquered in grey and we even thought grey floors would be divine.  Maybe its because our home now is so colorful and we need a more muted palette in our next digs.  I have enjoyed every pop of color, every wild wall color, and cushions in fun flashy colors but when I daydream of my next home I imagine it all grey variations.  

Grey is such an elegant yet warm color.  It feels cozy and relaxed yet keeps things a little formal formal.  Yup, so grey floors are my latest obsession.  (it was difficult to find good images with the grey I have in mind....the first three are the best examples, of course they are from the same spread!)

 



These floors have some lighter grey tones....but are still interesting....






Even J. Crew is into this flooring.  This last photo is from one of their stores.  It is a lighter tone but still cool right?   I have been very impressed with J. Crews' stores interior design choices- all chic and sophisticated.

Anyhoo....what do you think? Is grey wood flooring interesting to you? or you do you think we are a bunch of crazies over here?  I'm still a fan of the dark wood for sure but grey is just feeling so cool to me right now.

[ 1 , 234 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 ]


You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. I love me some grey. I must admit. These images don't help my addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd die for grey herringbone floors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! For as much as I love color I also love the soothing shade of grey! Love the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Albertina antes yo odiaba el gris . Lo encontraba sin vida. Como cambia uno!!! Ahora es de mis colores preferidos ya que es tan versátil . Combina con todo y le da luminosidad a cualquier espacio. Gracia por lo de la lampara ! Como no entiendo mucho Ingles!! Hay un tutorial??
    Cariños
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo I have been loving gray too - but I have no where to put it! Our next place I am guessing I will have to do the same thing. And the gray floors are heaven! So fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love grey flooring! I have an absolute obsession with grey anything really :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on the next house! Our house is so colorful but I always say when I get my "adult house" I am going to do something sophisticated. A grey lacquer library is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't know if i'd want all gray in the house, but the first pic of the library feels so nice and cozy! it would be nice to have a gray relaxing room to sip tea and read a good book!!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on this one. I've been obsessed with grey for the past few years. Used in Xavier's nursery, my office and on several projects. Best believe there will be some grey when we move into our new home this year and now thanks you, that will likely include some grey floors. Love these images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm ALL over grey lately too and so so want those floors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE grey! and I love the idea of grey flooring ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love grey, I have been using it a lot in my home recently too. Yels x

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I were to pick my flooring today It would be grey. Seriously obsessed as well! Just put it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um I love this!!! I've never really noticed this look before but it is so sleek but still warm!!! Great post, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just ordered this pretty grey quilt from West Elm. Love how simple and gorgeous it is. A great color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the mix of greys and lavender and purples... there is something calming about it! FANTASTIC pics, doll!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been on a serious grey kick too lately! It's such a calming, yet chic color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never really thought about grey floors, but I'm loving these images and may be drooling just a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this color, especially in a room like a library where you relax and spend low-key time.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving grey too. Painting my living room Balboa Mist by Benjamin Moore, my favourite grey paint.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're not crazy at all Albertina! Grey floors are very beautiful!!!
    Grey is a great color in a home, it's not too neutral and gives a fell of coziness

    ReplyDelete
  22. Agreed! Grey looks so simple, yet super elegant in decor. I'm especially loving those grey floors - it never really crossed my mind to have grey floors in my home, but I'm definitely a fan!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe