One Room Challenge || Week 3 - Art Options

April 16, 2014


[ one | two | three | four | five | six | seven | eight ]

Today is One Room Challenge Day! If you are new and don't know what the One Room Challenge is it was started by Linda from Calling it Home some years ago.  In this challenge she lines up twenty talented interior designers and professional bloggers to redo a room in their home in just six weeks- we update you once a week on Wednesdays. And today is Wednesday!  (in case you missed it here is last week's post where I talk about my plans for the credenza. It shold arrive on Friday. I'm just dying to see it.  Today, I want to talk about art.  I have three walls to decorate and all of the pieces above to play with.  

I have been quietly collecting some of these for some months now waiting for the right spot in my house to reveal itself. I do this a lot...leave the art on the floor leaning against a wall for a while...I visit with it, live with it, change its place....until one day it becomes clear where that piece should go.  I'm usually very impatient and want to have everything hung and set from day one. But doing this and taking the time has helped me make the right hanging decisions.  So, let me tell you about these pieces:

1 || Matchbook collection photo. Jessica of the Aestate is the photographer behind this photo. I just love it. But you all know by now that I'm one of her biggest fans (the two prints in yesterday's post are by her as well).  I framed this piece with a thin gold frame and it looks amazing.  I also really love its small size, perfect for a gallery wall.

2 || Black and White Print by Koshi. Minted is offering some amazing prints lately.  Have you seen their collection?  I love the graphic and simple quality of this one and the fact that it has a partner in crime (Number 4).  A big thank you to Minted who is a One Room Challenge Sponsor for offering these two pieces for our room makeover.  Because of their large size (I ordered in 30x30)  they will play an important role in the overall feel of the room.  I have always ordered my Christmas cards from Minted (at least for the last 5 years) and have always been thrilled with their modern designs and quality stock.  I am just as excited about these prints.

3 ||  Agave Plant Watercolor. Another piece by Jessica.  And this one is a signed piece!  This was her gift from the Art Swap and I'm thinking it needs to go on the TV gallery wall as well.

4 ||  Black and White Print #2 by Koshi.  I also got this one in 30x30. I can't wait to hang these together.  I'm thinking they are going in the wall behind my reupholstered chairs.

5 ||  A study in Marbling. I'm so excited about this one!  It's a study on marble by artist Scout and Catalogue.  It's huge 36x48.  Not sure I want to know how much it will cost me to frame (i'm taking it in today).  The first batch she printed sold out very fast and she has printed 20 more.  So if you want one get it quick. Available here. I think it should pair nicely with the Minted pieces (numbers 2 and 4 )

6 || Moody Flowers. This is one of Sketch42's latest photo series available here.  She recently launched this series and you can read more about them here.  I really admire Nicole for her creativity.  I have three of her paintings throughout the house and I'm just loving her photographs lately.

7 ||  A Horse's Tail. Another one of Nicole's photos.  This one was a gift from the Art Swap.  I'm a lucky girl receiving such beautiful things.

 8|| Peony Photograph. And last but not least one of Gaby's beautiful peony shots.  Have you seen her flower collection? They are beautiful.  I have another coming in from teh Art Swap.  I tell you this Art Swap is the gift that keeps on giving.  Gaby, aside form talented photographer writes one of my favorite blogs.

Ok, so let me remind you of the three walls I have to work with.


Also, I want to share  a sneek peak of the reupholstered chairs.  They are good!!  They changed the padding and everything.  They look brand new.



Yum, right?  The blush velvet is killing me.  Oh and I have a friend that just came back from the Milan Interior Design fair and says that blush pink is everywhere.

I love crossing things off my to-do's.

1 ||   Sofa

2  ||  Mount TV and figure out what to do for a Credenza (it should arrive this Friday!)

3 ||  Chairs and Art.  Reupholster chairs  see about artwork (in progress)

4 ||  Rug.  The rug from the master of our first apartment (when we lived in NYC) would be great here.  I need to see if the size works. 

5 || Accessories.  Can I get away with the same pillows I had before?  Do I need new lamps? accessories? (in progress)
I can't wait to visit my fellow bloggers and see their progress!! 



You Might Also Like

45 comments

  1. ooo I love all the art you picked. I think the florals are my fav but I love how you mix them with geos to make it a bit edgy. Loving the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your room, Albertina! Are you going to do a house tour at some point? It looks like SUCH a cool home! Have a beautiful day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artwork! I need to start a little collection. And those chairs look amazing! Love the blush pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh those pink chairs! I'm dying!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink chairs...Gaby's pink peonies...I'm in LOVE!! Awesome artwork choices, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a tough one! I love the black and white pieces but I love bits of color. And can we talk about that pink chair with gold details? Fantastic!! Thank you for the recos for Italy, I have added those places to my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just can't with those chairs...my mouth literally dropped open- they are PERFECTION AND I WANT THEM!!!!!!!! And of course, adore all of your art picks- so so gorgeous. The moody florals from Nicole are obvs my fave...will be fun to see how we both incorporate them in our rooms:))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of art & the chairs are nothing short of fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still cannot get over those windows. And yes, OMG, the chairs. Dying. Love Jessica's watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving every single thing you are up to. Props.
    Xo
    Ashlina.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chairs...so retro cool Albertina! Love your art picks...eeek cannot wait to see how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the chairs!!!! for real. gimme. i don't know how you are going to choose art...these are all amazing options. naturally :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The chairs are beautiful and all the options for the art are really amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every piece of art you've chosen for your wall is perfect. It's going to be so gorgeous. DYING over the blush chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your art collection is perfect and feels collected over time. I love how it coming together. Can we all take a moment of silence for those chairs...really...I am in love with them. Looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG- love the collection. I'm guessing you'll place the art around the TV- big yes to that. Amazing space to work with.

    PS- you are killing your to-do list. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE minted art. Your selections are going to be amazing. I think it's great that so many of these pieces are gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That collection is gorgeous, what a sight it will be on your walls. And I don't think I could love that blush on those chairs anymore than Christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those chairs look SOOOO GOOD!!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the blush pink chairs - so fabulous. Your art choices are amazing. I'm about to start hanging my gallery wall around my TV.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So funny, I do this too... I still have art on the floor, and we have been in our new home for over six months, ha! I cannot wait to see how you arrange your incredible collection! And those chairs are divine!! I adore blush pink!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to see it! I am instantly drawn to the Black and white abstracts and the floral! xo Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gaby's peony photo is so beautiful! Loving this collection, can't wait to see what you do with it!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm in LOVE with your chair Albertina!!!!!! Pink & Gold, my fave combo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. The chairs look perfect! Great collection of art! I can't wait to see it all together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well those chairs are sick....in the good way of course. I wanted to go to Minted and make a decision about art but I got all crazy and could not pick fearing I would change my mind and blah blah blah.....Why can't I commit? I know you will pick the right art and all will be right with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those chairs are hideous. Obviously you must ship them to me :) Gah, I can't even kid! They are amazing and I want them!

    Love all the art too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The chairs are delicious! Ahhh. Dying over here!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm with everyone else. Hand over the blush chairs, or else. So good. And art is my jam so I am loving all that you have collected and you've got the perfect backdrop of a room to feature it all!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those chairs are perfection. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That chair is drop dead gorgeous! Love the fabric you picked!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Chairs look TOO good for words. As for the art...I vote a BIG yes to the peonies...and the leaves...and the black and white ones...and them all.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just love the florals in 6 and 8 -- also THE CHAIRS! Look. Amazing.

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love an amazing gallery wall and yours most certainly will be with all of your choices! And those chairs are killing me!!!! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the color of the chairs!! And all the choices will be amazing in your walls!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The chairs are killing me! I like #2 and #4 in the art collection but its all pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you so much for sharing the Minted site, I had never heard of them!

    And your chairs.........STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. My mouth just literally dropped open at those chairs!! Blush is my fav color ever, I am just dying over them!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Those chairs are fabulous. Love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the chairs. They are stunning. Can you share where you got the velvet? Also did you do anything to the brass, like re-plate them? I look forward to your answer.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the chairs. They are stunning. Can you share the source of your velvet? And also, did you do anything to the brass, like re-plate it? I look forward to your response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janelle,
      The velvet I got at Childress (http://www.childressfabrics.com/). I have a store nearby. They had a great selection of colors at pretty good prices. I actually did not do anything to the brass. I bought the chairs just like that.

      Delete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe