On My Mind || Things for the Home

May 22, 2014



My daughter adores to ride her bicycle. I think its the sense of freedom and independence that makes it so appealing.  This coupled with the fact that the weather is exactly perfect right now, meaning no mosquitoes and perfect temperatures, means I need to buy a bike stat so I can go on adventures with her.  You can imagine how thrilled I was to find such pretty bikes for $300.  Plus delivery is free.  What do you think? Would you risk it and buy a bike online you have never seen?  Hmmmm....

The croquet set is ideal as a hostess gift for a long weekend stay or even for father's day.  it looks way more expensive than $55. You would be the most elegant guest to bring such a sophisticated gift.  It is not how expensive a gift is but how thoughtful it is.  This is a winner.  This painting is so pretty.  And for those of you who liked my black and brass piece from the ORC I found this credenza that is slightly reminiscent of mine and has a pretty nice price too. You all know I love my pinks.  The stemless flutes are so cute and great at $45 for 6.  Aaaahhhh malachite!!  I think anything you eat on these plates would just taste divine.  And last but not least who has space for this fab jaguar mural??  

Happy Thursday! You almost made it to the long weekend.  I hope to post the recipe of the yummy fruit tart I made last weekend so you have a recipe to try if you are hosting this weekend. xx

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. The art- oh my!!! Croquet, we play bocci ball and corn hole at all of our gatherings, never thought about croquet but maybe that will be our summer hit? So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Go for it! Most good bikes cost that much! Those stemless champagne flutes are always on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that painting! And yes, definitely buy the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe it's thursday! Looking forward to the long holiday weekend. I'm not sure i could buy a bike without riding it first...what if the seat is uncomfy?? I'd also go with a "girls bike" that bar across the top looks cool but I always snag my leg on it when I'm trying to get on or off. I'm not as cool as I once was ;) But that blue and orange one on OLK is adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's fine to order a bike online! I'm sure it will be just right once it gets there :) One of our favorite things in the summer is going on long bike rides! I really like that painting too, great colors!


    Xo,L
    simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Añbertina !,, mis hijos también les gusta la bicicleta !, que tengas un buen comienzo de semana
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fishing jaguar mural! What a great resource, as I just went over to the website. I'm pulling out my measuring tape right now.....
    Great picks! Have a great weekend.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! Love the croquet set as a hostess gift and that painting is so pretty! Your credenza is way better and I actually bought those champagne flutes for a bubbly drinking friend's birthday (they are adorable in person). Finally, I would die for those malachite plates...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to hunt down a great bike as well as we will be doing a lot of that this summer I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say go for it- buy a bike online. I've purchased through Amazon and used the reviews as a guide to stay away from anything that might be pretty, but uncomfortable to ride for example. The only downside from buying online is that you usually have to assemble it yourself. Thanks for the tip on the croquet set! It will make a perfect Father's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bike is the cutest! I wouldn’t hate zipping around town on that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Biking and croquet sound great right now! The boyfriend and I are going to go learn to play golf this weekend too!

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything with malachite these days. Can't stop won't stop! ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, malachite plates! I'm in love!
    And the jaguar mural is so unique and impressive ... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That bike is gorgeous, and wow that painting, LOOOOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun things. I want a new bike, too, no speeds, just fat tires and a cute basket. That one is so cute. Have a wonderful weekend. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Obsessed with everything you put together!!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe