One Room Challenge || The Reveal - Mudroom

May 07, 2015



Finally!!!! Reveal day is here!!  It's exciting because I have something to show you but I had to make last minute adjustments because a few things did not come in on time.  For those of you who are new I am participating in  the One Room Challenge Linking Participants  where I am decorating my little mudroom.  You can see the before photos of the space here. It's small but I wanted to make it a very chic and simple space.

The One Room Challenge was started by Linda from Calling it Home some years ago where she lines up twenty very talented professional bloggers and designers to redo a room in just six weeks.  They share their progress every Wednesday (see my past family room project here and my lilac closet here).  And the Linking Participants (anyone can join!) report their progress on Thursdays.  And finally today is the big reveal day for everyone that is linking.  Here is my space-



I really love the black trim I added.  It really pops against the white walls.  We are all amazed at the difference a little black makes.  Even my 7 year-old thinks the transformation is amazing.  I painted the trim matte black with just plain spray paint after having primed it.  The trim is the same one I used in my closet (half and inch round with a flat backing). You can find it at Home Depot. Once I had it painted the carpenter came in to nail it to the wall.

The console table is one of my favorite things ever!  It was created by the super talented Liven Up Design team (you can see more on the table here) I bought the fabric, sent it to them along with dimensions on the table and they made that treasure!  It is beautifully made and is super chic.  I highly recommend working with Liven Up. They are great to work with and are seriously talented.  The box I ordered to hold receipts and keys did not arrive so I used my old faux malachite boxes I made a few years back which I adore.  The mirror is from West Elm and the bench is unequivocally from Target, but you all knew that.  I'm in love with the Moroccan wedding basket!!  So, so cool and perfect for shoes, backpacks.....anything kid related that needs to be contained.

The Fornasetti plates were an anniversary present from my parents and I just adore them.  I left space for a couple of extra plates, which would be a welcome gift for Christmas (hint, hint!).  The two paintings actually belong in my dining room.  Nicole from Sketch 42 painted them and I just love them but since the prints I ordered never arrived I had to improvise.  I actually really love how they look here, but they also look amazing in my dining room!

A huge thank you to Linda for organizing this popular and fun challenge that is truly inspiring.  There are so many great ideas that come out of this fabulous group that it is really exciting and an honor to be a part of.  And thank you to all you readers for your constant support.  Go check out the other Linking Participants to see their reveals!  I'm sure they are all spectacular.


Sources [console table by Liven Up Design | bench | Moroccan wedding basket | mirror | wishbone hooks | Fornasetti plates | paintings She is not painting anymore but has killer photographs | Pink peak pillow | malachite DIY boxes ]  All other items I have had for years.



You Might Also Like

51 comments

  1. EEEEEEK! That black picture frame moulding on the white walls is stunning!!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the chicest most glamorous mud room I have ever seen!!! You did such an AMAZING job, Albertina! As always, you never cease to amaze me with your talent! I love how the art and glam accessories pop against the crisp white walls! And how beautiful are those malachite boxes?? Congratulations on an amazing transformation! Love, love, LOVE!!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  3. This space is gorgeous!! That console is unbelievable and I've already pinned that for future stealing. Love all the details like the wishbone hooks and the art, but the black trim is killer!! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most glamorous mud room I have ever seen. Gorgeous, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word, wow! That black detailing on the walls is pure decorating genius! You outdid yourself Albertina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous and sophisticated! I love the black against the walls. Did Home Depot miter the trim pieces for you or did your carpenter have to do that? LOVE every. single. thing! I'm the newest fan of Fornasetti.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! Looks so good! Love the black line, and how it grounds everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew this would be a stunner! Even aside from all the glamorous details, one of the things I love most about this space is how you positioned the artwork and wall accessories over the trim work. So many of us play it safe and limit ourselves to framing up our hangings or staying within the confines of the trim lines. I like that you didn't do that here. It's so visually interesting to see the matte black trimwork punctuated by the colorful artwork, gold mirror and wishbone hooks. Well done Albertina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the trim work! This is just a stunning space. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so great, Albertina! I love you style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Speechless! I have never seen a mudroom as stylish as yours!!!! Incredible!!!! The black and white, the art, the wishbone hooks....Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely Fabulous!! I love the design changes, the art, the trim, (where did you find the unique white garden stool) oh and the table, perfection!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Bunnies by Hunt Slonem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT!! This is the perfect amount of black for a tiny area. I've been trying to incorporate some trim in my living room and I think I will follow your lead! AMAZING space!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Albertina, I was so excited to check this today! Your black trim is fantastic. Makes the space, and those Fornasetti plates are always a favorite. Perfect styling per usual. I LOVE it!

    www.designsbykaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love those malachite boxes and your black trim!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your style is so chic, my friend!! Absolutely lovely collection of elements! I always love your ORC rooms, and this truly doesn't look like any mudroom I've ever seen, I think I'd make my family use a different entrance to to the house! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Big LOVE for everything!! Fab, fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. STUNNING! You have such class my dear. Those wishbone hooks are just perfect for little A's jackets. This is definitely the chicest mudroom i've ever seen, i mean, Fornasetti plates, get outta town!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you took an ordinary space, that others often overlook, and turned it into a gorgeous place! It's graphic and gorgeous. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fresh and chic!! Amazing transformation...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow this is stunning! You are right, that black trim really pops and makes such an impact. Your styling is spot on too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a spectacular space. I absolutely love the trim work, and the fact that it's black makes it even sexier. The fornasetti plates are perfection. You did such a great job. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is stunning never been done front entryway! So chic and glam yet clean lines! I love the art, which is what inspires me daily along with music. The contrast of the black trim with the white walls make the green pop with the bench and boxes! Bravo on a yet another fab ORC room! You're always one of my favs and inspire me to think out of the box! XOXO, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, that's the classiest mud room I've ever seen. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is seriously the most chic and fabulous mudroom I've ever seen. Wow! So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the black and white Albertina and the art is just fab! Love all of the little details like the coat hooks. basket and console from liven up design! GORG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous space. Love the details.You're going to enjoy it so much

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are the best! I love this reveal. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! I'm smitten with this space! That black molding just takes it to a different level and I love that mirror and console. The art is awesome too! Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is beautiful, so elegant and sophisticated, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, I just love the black molding! Such a dramatic and elegant space--I love the wedding basket, along with just about all the other accessories you selected. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So absolutely beautiful! And that console is spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is an amazing space. I agree that the black trim adds so much. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, the black moldings are so sophisticated! I love the result, so fresh but clean and classic as well! Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gah! That black trim was a total surprise and it's just sooo good! As always, you killed it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  36. love this space- the molding is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Can't contain my excitement over this one!!!!! SO so good!!! That console table is a show stopper!!! Love it all. xox

    ReplyDelete
  38. What an amazing transformation! A true job well done. I adore the color palette you selected. It feels fresh and fun. The six weeks went by so fast. I completed our entry, living and dining areas in a new to us 30 year old house. So, cheers to us! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  39. So fun & whimsical! Love the wishbone hooks and the black was definitely a great call!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I wouldn't even allow anyone to enter that room, if it were in my house. I love the pop of black on the wall. I pinned for inspiration for my closet :-). Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. The black trim is genius!!! So simple, yet so stylish. Perfect backdrop to the other pretty pieces, including that fabulous table. p.s. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! I couldn't believe it when I clicked over to your 'About' page and saw the photo of you on that amazing sofa…a pin I've been in love with and referred to many, many times as the dream sofa it is. So glad to finally connect with you!! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Albertina, wow the black trim on the wall is fantastic! I love how you mixed everything. Such a glam way to drop off your things. I can't call this a mudroom. It is way to pretty. Love the art, the console table, the basket.....it's all so lovely. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Albertina! It's petite but perfect. So sexy and sophisticated per usual! I think this is the inspiration I needed to finally spruce up our sad entry - so so good lady!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm absolutely positive I've never seen a more chic mudroom. You have to have great style to pull of this level of minimal, and you've knocked it out of the park. Way to go, Albertina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This should be called the glam room not the mudroom! So chic and I LOVE the black trim. In fact every item is so perfect for the space. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Only YOU can make a Mudroom look so chic and Crazy-good!!!!!! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What the hell....that is a mudroom? It is better than most rooms in my house:) When I looked at the first picture I thought the mirror was bi-fold?!?! I stared at it for 5 minutes and then had to just scroll down scratching my head. It was only after I saw it in another angle that I figured out it was a reflection!! Back to the room.....love every stinking element about this room.....killing it as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I just wanted you to know I picked your room as one of my ORC faves! Thank you again for the inspiration!

    http://buhayatbahay.blogspot.com/2015/05/my-orc-faves-part-1-kitchen-dining.html

    ReplyDelete
  49. This space is so chic! I love that contrast molding, such a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  50. So good! Love the plates and the hooks. The details ARE the design.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe