One Room Challenge || Daughter's Room - The Reveal

May 12, 2016

Mimosa Lane Blog, www.mimosalaneblogspot.com, #OneRoomChallenge, Daughter's Room

Happy reveal day!!  It is so exciting to be sharing Little Miss A's room with you today. You know, six weeks is a short amount of time to redo a room.  There is no room for error and you are basically hustling the entire time.  This is not my first rodeo but the time seems to slip away faster each time. It really feels like an accomplishment showing you all these beautiful photographs of the finished space taken by the talented and lovely Megan Weaver. We are so happy with the end result- it is elegant and fun and has a lot of personality. 



But before I give you the tour, I have to thank Linda for organizing this challenge that has grown so much because of her hard work and unwavering vision.  She has built something incredible where creative minds can come together and share the creative process from start to finish.  I have always been so happy being a part of  this #OneRoomChallenge (you can see my past projects- my walk-in closet here and and my family room here).  And this is my second time being a guest participant (you can see my mudroom here).  Basically, thanks to this challenge I have completed four spaces in my home already! And I'm thinking my trademark is the thin picture frame molding.  I think I'm #obsessed with it. If you are just tuning in for the first time you can see the first weeks here- week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5.  And now for the tour- FINALLY!

Mimosa Lane Blog, www.mimosalaneblogspot.com, #OneRoomChallenge, Daughter's Room, Coleen and Company, Stark Carpet

Where to start?! I love, love the  fabulous Jardena Lantern by the super talented Coleen and Company.  It took me forever to find the right fixture for this space because I wanted something young and different.  Then, I recalled that a couple of ORC's ago The Pink Pagoda had a custom lantern made for her entry by Coleen and Company and I remembered loving all the fixture options she had.  Plus she can do custom colors! Sign-me up! Little Miss A helped and we chose this style together.  Coleen was wonderful to work with every step of the way. I love the color, the scale and the shape.

More on the furniture- Recently my parents passed down a few pieces of furniture to their granddaughter. It was surprising to me that an 8 year old would really appreciate and treasures these.  Among the heirlooms were the headboards and the Carol Summers block print behind the beds, which I got re-framed in Acrylic at the best framer in Dallas  (Jon has fabulous clients and art going through his doors. I told him needs to be on Instagram stat to grow his business. I will let you know when he does!).  

You will remember that the walls were already green so we just added a quarter inch round picture frame molding all around, which I spray painted and had a carpenter attach to the walls.  So easy! And they give an air of simple elegance to the room. Plus, they go perfectly with the headboards.


Mimosa Lane Blog, www.mimosalaneblogspot.com, #OneRoomChallenge, Daughter's Room, Coleen and Company, Stark Carpet

My mom gave me the idea of using two floor lamps on each side of the beds rather than a table lamp in the middle.  Brilliant!  I love the look. The blankets at the foot of the bed are from Alegria Home, one of my favorite new online home store finds.  My daughter loves them so much!  They add a relaxed vibe to the room and I honestly love the colors and the pompoms.  They are a great addition.   The fabric from the bedskirt is by Brunschwig and Fils.  The fabric has so much body it is perfect for a perky bedskirt.

Mimosa Lane Blog, www.mimosalaneblogspot.com, #OneRoomChallenge, Daughter's Room, Coleen and Company, Stark Carpet
Mimosa Lane Blog, www.mimosalaneblogspot.com, #OneRoomChallenge, Daughter's Room, Coleen and Company, Stark Carpet

I remember growing up with this print in my parent's home.  It brings back so many memories, so I love that I get to see it again everyday when I go into my daughter's room.  It was the first piece of art my parent's bought together as newlyweds so, of course, it has a lot of sentimental value.  Carol Summers, the artist, was a pretty well-known artist back in his day.  There are still works of his available around the internet, like here.

Mimosa Lane Blog, www.mimosalaneblogspot.com, #OneRoomChallenge, Daughter's Room, Coleen and Company, Stark Carpet

So excited about this fretwork double trim in dark green to go with the headboards.  It took a while to figure out the measurements and scale but we got it. It feels classic but not too overwhelming.

leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay
leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay

Aaahhhh...the view from the beds! So excited over this beautiful painting by Hayley Mitchell.  We adore her!! Her earrings and flower crown make her so girly yet the dark background grounds her and makes her fearless.  My daughter and I just love Hayley's work and feel very fortunate to own one of her pieces.  My daughter was adamant that this painting go in front of her bed so she could enjoy it before going to bed and when she wakes up in the morning.  We commissioned this piece, but she always has works available in her website for sale and sells her prints on etsy (they are equally as fabulous!).  I love the thin gold floating frame we chose for her. 

leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay

I love how the Coleen and Company lantern ties both sides of the room together.

leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay

Well, hello hanging bubble chair!!  This is the best and most exciting reading nook in the world and the best $700 I have spent! (it encourages reading and quiet time?! Yes, please!!)  My daughter loves curling up in here with a book every night.  We added the Ikea pillows because the pillows it came with were not very attractive.  This playful addition stops the room from being too serious.  Also, the fab blue bone inlay dresser was not planned and was a total impulse purchase.  But when you spot something like this at HomeGoods you have to act fast, and so we did.  It is vibrant and playful.  I don't often get things at HomeGoods but when I do they are really good!

leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay

On this last side we have another family treasure- the burnt orange secretary desk which we are so excited about.  Little Miss A loves styling it and writing letters here.  The color is so good and breaks things up in the room.  It adds an unexpected color, which I really like.

leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay
leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay
leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay, secretary desk

And now for these wild lips! Angela Blehm is the artist behind them and boy do you need to bookmark her shop. I bet she is about to get really big fast! She has amazing taste and her pieces are different and mesmerizing.  I love her ribbons and actually got one for our family room as wellShe does some fabulous ribbon pieces and as I was looking at those my daughter spotted the lips and had to have them.  I loved them too and thought they would be perfect next to the secretary.

leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay, Angela Blehm lips
leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Home Goods Dresser, Bone Inlay, Angela Blehm lips

And now for more details-


leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Coleen RIder, Angela Blehm
leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Coleen RIder, Angela Blehm, Alegria Home
leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Coleen RIder, Angela Blehm
leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Coleen RIder, Angela Blehm
leen and Company, Stark Carpet, Hayley Mitchell, Coleen RIder, Angela Blehm

Oh and the rug was in my bedroom when I was a kid. You better believe it.  Stark carpet is always the way to go. They are expensive but last a lifetime. We achieved our objective- to have a beautiful room an eight year old can grow with and maybe eventually it could even become a guest bedroom- Classic and timeless with a dash of modern.

Sources-
Carol Summers Block Print (similar) | blue and white ginger jars from The Pink Pagoda | bedskirt fabric by Brunschwig and Fils | Blankets by Alegria Home c/o | coverlet (similar) and sheets  (similar and similar) | skirted table | Lantern by Coleen and Company | Hanging Bubble Chair | Hayley Mitchel Painting | Home Goods Dresser | Angela Blehm Lips art | Ghost Chair | Rug

And now go checkout the rest of the transformations over at Calling it Home.

Get the look-








  [all photographs by Megan Weaver]

You Might Also Like

29 comments

  1. HOLY HOLY HOLY...this is AMAZING Albertina...absolutely stunning. I think this might be my favourite room you've ever done actually- it's just brimming with so much beauty. I'm wild about those headboards and your moulding treatment works perfectly with them. And then the art...those lips...that chair!!!! And then the dresser with the beautiful painting above. Gah...it's all just SO SO SO good. Incredible work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove it Albertina!! It's sophisticated yet youthful & fun at the same time! Obsessed with your tectile selection and the fun pops against the trim- those lips & the dresser, so much goodness! Stunning space per usual lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I allowed to call this room badass? So so cool. Like modern Marie Antoinette or something. The mix is amazing. I love the gold trim detail and that dresser wall. !!! The room is classic but spunky and fun. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful...like so gorgeous! I can't imagine how thrilled A must be with her big girl room! Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where to begin? There is so much that I love. The colleen Ridder light, the fabulous Home Goods find, the passed down headboards and art and secratary. It's all soo good!! Wow!! I mean I love every little inch of it all. I've also been eyeing Angela's work - I love the lips in there. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Besides the fact that Miss A's room is utterly gorgeous, I am in love with all the ART you both chose for the room! The print above the bed evokes the sentimentality indeed but more importantly ties in with the color in the room too! Hayley's art work is perfect too by that fab dresser find! I want that bubble chair!!!!! Seriously considered that too for my son's room but hanging it would probably add another week for me lol! Let alone, a swing in a boy's room , is a big No-no too, girls are different too, and I am sure she Miss A will have lots of happy memories reading there, I know I would! The floor lamps beside the bed is genius as well, you do take after mom! Congrats again, and until the next one! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dresser and the painting combo is amazing. Love all of the details you put into the room. And those windows are beautiful. I'm curious how that works at night for privacy? Amazing amazing room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What a great space! Your design aesthetic is incredible. I want this as my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Albertina this is just STUNNING and love the French inspiration! Heirlooms are the best and make this room even more meaningful! WOW that art work and dresser are beautiful! How fun is the hanging chair?! You're daughter will love this room and I know it was a labor of love! Bravo on yet another beautiful ORC room my friend! XOXO, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE how this came together Albertina ~ you are amazing at creating the BEST eclectic spaces! It's perfect, interesting and unexpected, yet a sweet charm about it! Congrats on another fabulous ORC, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo Albertina!!! I can't stop going through all the photos!!! It looks incredible!! What a lucky princess you have! This is a room that will last her till college. It is so chic and sophisticated! I love your use of color: the greens, the blues and a pop of red in the dresser...Genious!! The headboards and the print are a treasure! Hayley's painting belongs in the room! Don't get me started with the Bubble Chair!!! Every single accesorie is perfectly styled! Simply STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES to every single thing in this room! Each photo is more amazing than the last! Believe I will definitely be drawing inspiration for future ORC's from this room. WOW!! And now I've got to run and go figure out where in the world I could put a bubble chair in my house...
    Congrats!
    Tricia // Suburban Bitches

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, amazing!!! You mix so well and those windows are incredible! I love Angela's lips and they're so cute tucked right there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful room and really timeless!
    Love the moulding, the HANGING CHAIR and obviously that GORGEOUS secretary desk!!!!!
    Once again congratulations Albertina :)
    Little Miss A must be really happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so really truly beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This room!! It's everything!!! Really, what an amazing space. And that secretary desk?? #perfection

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully done and I'm sure Miss A loves it! I do have a question...there was no photo or mention of window treatments. Are the windows covered at all?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! love all the color and different textures. the beds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This space is beyond Albertina! I keep scrolling back through the photos and can't decide what I love the most. The lantern, the secretary, the artwork, the bubble chair. It is the perfect mix of traditional and eclectic. Your daughter is so very lucky! I have heard about your blog over the last few years, but I am now your #1 follower. So glad I found you through the ORC!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Swoon! What a beautiful space! I would happily move in myself :) You and your daughter chose the most beautiful colors and accessories together! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!!! This is such a beautiful, interesting room. I love the juxtaposition between new and old. That dresser is incredible and I love the sophisticated, meaningful art in the room. Lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Albertina - you always amaze me with your vision and how it all comes together so beautifully in the end. I love everything especially that whimsical art over the dresser and how meaningful some of the pieces are. Congrats. xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok seriously, where do I begin??? This is insane, this girl is so lucky, the amount of style, sophistication, no no, every single detail, and that painting!! Swooning! The colors are stunning!!! You did it again!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Insanity!!! This space is stunning! Love the bone inlay dresser and super cool chair! The wall treatment!!! I'm gagging on the eleganza! Just jaw dropping. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Albertina! You’ve probably read this a lot, but your room is absolutely gorgeous! I featured it today on my favorite Kid’s spaces from the ORC!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely Stunning!!! Beautifully executed and styled! I love all the unexpected elements like the lips and bubble chair! Little AM is one lucky girl!! I am speechless! Congrats on the House Beautiful featured!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fantastic room! That dresser is to die for! Great work, Chica!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am FLOORED!! The room is EXQUISITE! I ADORE everything in it!! You and I have the EXACT same taste...and from looking at your other ORC's....actually have some of the same pieces!! I'm in LOVE with that dresser!! OMG!! LOOOOVE!! NAILED IT!!!! Headed to Ft. Worth tomorrow from Amarillo for a fun weekend for Mother's Day! Sooo....Happy Mother's Day Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comments! Thank you!!

Subscribe